Beach Cities Sports Youth Flag Football (BCS) seeks to instill positive character-building traits in our communities’ youth through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. We ask that parents and their guests attending BCS sponsored events help us by reflecting these character traits at games (and practices).
Please remember – children participate to have fun and that the game is for them, not the adults. We strongly recommend teaching your child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that your child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance. Further, never ridicule or yell at your child – or any other participant – for making a mistake or losing a game.
Any Parent, Guardian or Spectator that fails to abide by the following rules and guidelines will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning by Official, Head Coach, and/or member of league organization or board
- Written warning
- Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident
- Parental season suspension
- Child’s Suspension from the league
When attending BCS sponsored events, all Parents and Guests:
- Must not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any Official, Coach, Player, Parent or Spectator, such as booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures, etc. – before, during, or after the game.
- Must respect our Officials and their authority during games and never question, discuss, or most importantly, confront Referees or Coaches on the field, in the stands or on school grounds.
- Must refrain from coaching your child or other players during games and practices from the stands or sidelines, unless you are one of the Official Coaches of the team, having filled out the proper paperwork and submitted a background check.
- Must not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and wellbeing of fellow athletes.
- Must not ridicule or yell at your child or any other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Unless you are an Official Coach, down marker holder or MPR helper, you can NOT be on the sidelines, and must be up in the stands. At our fields with running tracks, you may not stand on the track to get closer to the action. You may walk or jog on the track – but since we do not rent the track (just the field), you may not use them as a place to stop and watch. This goes for friends or siblings of players.
- For fields that do not have stands, we ask that you be at least 10 yards away from the field for our player safety.
Further, we ask Parents or Guardians to:
- Endeavor to be a positive role model for your child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all Players, Coaches, Officials and Spectators at every game, practice or other BCS event.
- Teach your child to play by the spirit of the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Demand that your child treat other Players, Coaches, Officials and Spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, or ability.
- Inform the Coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of your child or the safety of others.
- Remember – all BCS games and practices must always be free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol. Their use is prohibited.
Again, any parent guilty of improper conduct at any game or practice will be asked to leave the facility and will be – at the very least, suspended from the following game pending BCS Board Review. We have had to hand down season forfeitures of the privilege of attending all games and practices in-person more than once, and it is not something we take lightly.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
BCS Youth Flag Football