FUTURE STARS IS A SPRING ONLY DEVELOPMENTAL LEAGUE FOR FIVE-YEAR-OLDS (as of 7/1/2019) ONLY.
PLEASE READ BELOW FOR DETAILS AND
Registration for Spring 2020 is OPEN.
When we created the BCS in 2008, we averaged about 30 to 40 under 6-year-old kids per season requesting to play. We knew this was too young for competitive football, but also saw an opportunity to teach the sport in a fun, non-competitive way. So we created Future Stars in 2012 and it’s been a great success.
Parents are highly encouraged to get involved. Besides our volunteer coaches, we need people to help on game day – time keepers, handing out water, etc. Just raise your hand – we’ll find something for you to do. Your child will appreciate it, and so will the league.
AGE CONFIRMATION: Players must be 5 years of age on or before 7/1/19, but may not yet have turned 6 as of 7/1/19 – REGARDLESS OF GRADE.
PLEASE READ THAT TWICE! (Sorry, we get about 20 emails a season on the age question).
Future Stars at a glance
• Cost is $195 per player – $220 w/pants (required – though you keep them and don’t need to re-purchase for future seasons).
• Games are usually Saturday or Sunday
• Teams practice once a week at local field. The times/days are at the coaches discretion
• Games will be on local fields. We’ve played at Hermosa Valley Park (Hermosa Beach), Pacific Elementary (Manhattan Beach), Meadows Elementary (Manhattan Beach), Mira Costa High School (Manhattan Beach) Redondo Union (Redondo Beach) and American Martyrs School (Manhattan Beach)
• “Super Bowls” will most likely be at American Martyrs, Mira Costa or Redondo Union.
• Approximate number of teams: 5-8
• Approximate roster sizes: 10 – 14
• Coaches will be allowed to select roughly 3-4 kids, and will then work with the league to draft their team – in the interest of parity
• Games are 8 players per side
• Approximate number of games: TBD – usually around 8 to 10
• Cost includes Jersey and a trophy
• Games start in March. Teams start to practice in February
We are always looking for coaches.
• All coaches receive a background check and must sign a code of conduct.
• The league provides playbooks, drills, etc. You don’t need to have experience!
• Teams will receive coaches bag, balls, cones, tee, playbook, pennies, first aid, flags, set of rules
• Coaches will be given a coaching clinic as well as a coaching liaison (experienced, upper division coach) to help address issues, concerns, serve as support or adviser to team.
• Teams will have 2 + coaches and 2 coaches will be allowed per team on the field to instruct the players – this is a developmental league.